The FCC has ruled in favour of Net Neutrality (in the USA).
An important day for anyone who cares about the future of an open internet. Internet is a global service. Internet access providers cannot play with the download speeds to make certain websites load faster than others. Every byte that transit through their pipes is assumed to be equal to any other.
Now, it's up to Europe to rule in a similar fashion.
- FCC votes to protect the internet with Title II regulation
- Net Neutrality: What Happened? What’s Different Now?
- Net Neutrality Wins: What Now?
- FCC votes for net neutrality, a ban on paid fast lanes, and Title II
- Net Neutrality Passes, Eliminating Broadband Restrictions